I hope you are all doing splendid and not freezing your butts off like I am. So today I decided to talk about what seems to be the only thing on my mind right now. I’m not sure if you’ve stepped outsdie lately, but these past few days have been so cold that outside I feel naked. (So I apologize ahead of time if this post isn’t as witty as it normally is, I’m basically in food coma and doing my best to not take a nap at work, it’s a lot harder than you think, and i’ve been avoiding caffeine…. I take tha back going to get a cup of coffee…Okay back, I was just craddling my warm cup for a bit.) Okay so back to the point, today I decided instead of ranting about my life I’d actually give you a helpful recipe. So here we go.
- Lots of Scarves
- A LOT of Clothes
- Warm Drinks
- Cough Drops
1. The cold season brings one nasty thing we all hate, dryness. Therefore keep a water bottle with you at all times, even if you don’t feel thirsty make sure you drink some. This also includes incredibly dry hands, therefore make sure you carry a small lotion with you at all times. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Your skin will thank you for it, and it will prevent cracks in your skin. This includes the several Chapsticks you will go through. (It is a mystery to most why we can never actually go through an entire one without losing it, buy a pack.) Also depending on how your home is, a humidifier might be essential.
2. If you’re anything like me then you get cold incredibly easy! Make sure you have layers of clothing. Somewhere could be really hot indoors but it doesn’t justify being cold outside. (I wear leggings under my work pants everyday!) This includes showing off the numerous scarves you’ve bought for no reason. (Let’s be honest, you have way more scarves than humanly necessary. Oh you don’t? Well, I do…) And it’s also a time to show off all those winter hats you’ve been accumulating. (You get the point, I’m a clothes hoarder and I always need excuses to wear it all)
3. Another way to make sure you are always warm: DRINK WARM DRINKS! Whether that is tea, hot chocolate or coffee. Having a warm drink will make you feel warm and fuzzy without needing to be in love. (We all know my love life is in shambles so a warm drink is closest I get to that feeling.)
4. On the theme of warmness, this is the season for soups. First off they are just simply delicious and easy to make/get. If you need a quick lunch, always a great go to. Another benefit, other than having a warm meal inside you (that sounds incredibly creepy) is more often than not the calorie count on it is low. So you can stick to your new years resolution to lose weight! Plus it’s filling!
5. I have no idea how some people look so cute and attractive in the winter season. It is the one season I look the worst in public. I’m not sure why, but it looks like I have a constant cold. My nose is ALWAYS running in the cold. Therefore I’m always blowing my nose, super sexy I know. So the next reccomendation I have is, always keep a packet of tissues. You can never be too safe, (My bag is kind of like Mary Poppins’, you can find anything in it.)
7. And for safety sake, always carry with you some cough drops. You never know when that horrible cough will strike. And either way they’re delicious and help you with your breath. It’s a Life Saver. (See what I did there…You’re not that clever….)
Anyways those are just some tips I have for surviving the cold. I’m doing my best to write every day of the week in here. So for now we can say, I’ll write everyday (Monday-Friday) something in here even if it’s just a quote or picture. 🙂
Much love. xx